Date: August 9, 2021
Donate your time and professional HR, Recruitment or senior business management skills to become a Coaching Volunteer!
About the role
As a volunteer coach you will provide guidance and support to women who are currently unemployed with a confirmed job interview. You will run through interview techniques, potential interview questions, provide mock interview practise, help clients explain gaps in their CV and generally build up their confidence ahead of their interview.
You will also help deliver our new ‘Employment Coaching’ programme, this is for women who are looking for employment but are not yet at interview stage. These sessions may involve providing CV and cover letter advice, identifying clients skills, help planning a women’s return to work or support in applying for their first job. As such, we insist that our Volunteer Coaches have a background in HR, Recruitment or senior business management to ensure our clients are provided with up to date, informative and accurate career advice.
You will need:
- Experience in Interviewing in a professional capacity
- Vast knowledge of recruitment, current job market and interview processes
- A strong understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to communicate and empathise with a wide range of individuals
- Confidence in empowering women
- Team player (as we are a small close-knit team)
- Ability to do virtual and face to face coaching.
- Understanding of the barriers to employment women face
We ask that you are able to commit one full day a month to volunteering in our city centre office. There will be opportunities to volunteer out of the office, at job fairs, networking events, clothing sales and much more.
Further details for the role can be found here 2021 Coach Description
Applications close Wednesday 15th September. We will be in touch in due course to explain the next steps of the recruitment process once you have completed your application form.